What does Girl Code mean?
Girl Code means I’ve got your back, and you’ve got mine!
Women leaders from a variety of industries will come together to discuss their paths to achievement. We hope young girls and women throughout the Bay Area will join us as our presenters share their thoughts on what it takes to be a strong leader and address questions including:
• How do we bolster and foster leadership in young girls?
• How do women support each other while also competing with one another?
• How do we inspire each other and succeed together?
We’re thrilled to host these amazing women for an evening of inspiration:
• Kim Conley – Two-time Olympic athlete, Half Marathon & 10K National Champion, Team NB
• Nita Singh Kaushal – Founder of Miss CEO, Lecturer at Stanford University's School of Engineering
• Ana Angel Avendaño – Filmmaker, educator, community activist
• Molly Bell – Author, performer, and Broadway School founder
• Stephanie Garcia – Steeplechase World Championship (9th), USA Championship (2nd), Team NB
Ten-minute presentations will be followed by a 30-minute panel discussion. This event is free, but reservations are required. The first 100 registrants will receive a free Girl Code tote-bag.
Beverages and snacks will be available for purchase before the event, and proceeds will go to the Women's Refugee Committee, an immigrants rights group serving women and families affected by the current border crisis.
Sponsored by Fleet Feet Menlo Park and New Balance.